Complaints about councillors | Oxfordshire County Council

Complaints about councillors

How to make a complaint about the conduct of a member.

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member you must submit your complaint in writing to:

The Monitoring Officer
Oxfordshire County Council
County Hall
New Road

Or email:

If you make a complaint relating to the code of conduct, the complaint must state why you think a member has not followed the code of conduct. 

To assist you in making your complaint about a member, the council has produced a guidance note and a complaints form which can be downloaded below:

Next steps

The Monitoring Officer will review every complaint received and, after consultation with the Independent Person, take a decision as to whether it merits formal investigation. This decision will normally be taken within 14 days of receipt of your complaint. Where the Monitoring Officer has taken a decision, he or she will inform you of his or her decision and the reasons for that decision.

    Complaining about a town or parish councillor

    Complaints about town and parish councillors should be made to the monitoring officer at your district council.

    Last reviewed
    15 February 2018
    PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
    Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback