Contacting Ofsted | Oxfordshire County Council

Contacting Ofsted

Advice about when to contact Ofsted and tips about keeping track of requests.

How to contact Ofsted

Piccadilly Gate
Store Street
M1 2WD


Tips about contacting Ofsted

Always quote your Ofsted Unique Reference Number (URN), as shown on your registration certificate. This may begin with ‘EY’ and is usually a six figure number. 

Always keep evidence of your contact with Ofsted, for example:

  • When telephoning, always ask for the name of the Ofsted Helpline operator you speak to. Keep a record of the name, as well as the date, time and details of the call.
  • When emailing, keep your ‘sent email’
  • When writing or sending forms, keep a copy of your documents. Our advice is to always send correspondence by the Royal Mail ‘Recorded Signed For’ service

These measures provide evidence for inspections and enable you to track that correspondence has been received.

When to contact Ofsted

If you have any queries about your registration, contact Ofsted. You must always notify Ofsted as soon as possible in case of:

  • Any  proposal of  to employ an assistant to look after children
  • Any change of persons of 16 years or over living or working on childminding premises
  • Any proposal to change the hours during which childcare is provided which will entail the provision of overnight care
  • Any change to the premises from which childcare is provided which may affect the space available to children and the quality of childcare available to them
  • Any change in my  name or address
  • Any change in the address of premises on which I am  providing
  • Any criminal offence committed by me after the time of registration.
  • If complaints are made against me (allegations of abuse)
  • Serious accident, illness, injury or death while in my care
  • Food poisoning
Last reviewed
26 March 2018

Related pages

No related pages listed
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback