How to cancel lessons | Oxfordshire County Council

How to cancel lessons

How to cancel music lessons.

To cancel your child’s lessons you must notify the Music Service in writing.

See contact details, right. To ensure that you include all relevant information, please use the Notification to Cease Tuition form provided in your child’s record book, or send an email.

Written confirmation must be sent to the Music Service - not via instrumental teachers.

When you have to give notice

Notice must be received by:

  • 31 October to stop after term 1 (end of Term 2, Christmas)
  • 28 February  to stop after term 2 (end of Term 4, Easter)
  • 31 May  to stop after term 3 (end of Term 6, end of school year)

Cancellation charges

Notice can only take effect at the end of a term. If you fail to cancel lessons by the above date you are subject to a £30 cancellation charge, if no lessons have been attended during the new term. If you cancel after this, you will be charged the next full term's fees.

What to do with your hired instrument

Any music service instrument must be returned personally to the instrumental teacher or to the Music Service office after the last lesson.

Last reviewed
10 April 2017
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback