Walls and fences | Oxfordshire County Council

Walls and fences

Who to contact if a wall or fence needs to be repaired.

Report a damaged highway-related wall or fence

Enter a postcode, or street name/area:


Generally the walls and fences that surround property and fields are erected and maintained by the land owner.

We, as a local authority, will maintain and repair:

  • walls supporting the structure of the highway - these are called 'highway retaining walls'
  • walls retaining land that has been excavated  to form a cutting for the highway
  • walls that form a highway parapet (wall) on bridges
  • walls providing a safety barrier for example where there is a steep drop at the other side of the wall.
Last reviewed
18 April 2018

Related pages

No related pages listed
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback