Burial outside of England and Wales | Oxfordshire County Council

Burial outside of England and Wales

What to do if you want to remove a body for burial in another country.

If the body is to be removed outside of England and Wales, the coroner for the district in which the body is lying needs to be informed.

Form 104 (form of notice to a coroner of intention to remove a body out of England) is required. You can get a copy from the nearest Registration office (and most coroners have their own supply). You then need to send the form to the coroner.

The coroner will acknowledge receipt of your notice and will inform you when the body can be moved. This is usually four clear days after receipt of the notice - in urgent cases, it may be possible to bring it forward.

Last reviewed
13 December 2017
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback