Gender recognition | Oxfordshire County Council

Gender recognition

Transexual people can apply for legal recognition in their acquired gender.

The Gender Recognition Act 2004 gives transsexual people legal recognition in their acquired gender, subject to their successful application to the Gender Recognition Panel.

A Gender Recognition Register has been set up at the General Register Office, from which short and standard birth certificates may be produced.

An entry in the Gender Recognition Register can only be made for those transsexual people whose births are registered in the UK.

For more information and advice, go to the Gender Recognition Panel website.

Last reviewed
26 June 2018

Related pages

No related pages listed
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback