Legal and money issues | Oxfordshire County Council

Legal and money issues

Information about paying for care, direct payments, debt and asking to see your records.

Pages in this section

Needs assessment

A care needs assessment is the first step to getting help.

older man looking at a laptop computer

Paying for care

Understanding what you may have to contribute towards your social care.

Independent advocacy

An independent advocate can support you to get the information and advice you need.

Personal budgets

Helping you to take control of your care and support.

Direct payments

Payments we can give you instead of providing you with a council managed care service.


How to check you are receiving all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Making decisions

Making decisions about your health, welfare and finances - who decides when you can't?

Requesting a copy of your personal information

Getting a copy of your personal information held by us via a Subject Access Request (SAR).


Guidelines for carrying out research and consultation with people who use our services.

Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback